Quick Links (Click to jump to section)
Welcome to Charity!
2020 Constitutional Amendments
“Curing” Your Vote by Mail Ballot
If you receive information that your vote by mail ballot was rejected, the Miami-Dade Elections Department must receive all information to cure your ballot by 5 PM on November 5, 2020. If your vote by mail ballot was rejected, it was most likely due to a non-matching or missing signature. Click here to check your ballot status online or you may call 305-499-8440.
HOW TO CURE YOUR BALLOT FOR SIGNATURE PROBLEMS
Note: Several political campaigns are also offering Ballot Cure services. If you choose to avail yourself of that assistance, please request proof of mailing/faxing/emailing
2. Find and make a photocopy of your valid “Tier 1” or “Tier 2” identification. Provide Tier I-type ID if you have it; if not, provide “Tier 2” ID.
Tier 1 identification is current and valid identification that includes your name and photograph (these are the permissible types of ID):
- Florida driver license
- United States Passport
- Florida license to carry a concealed weapon or firearm
- Florida ID card issued by the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles
- Military, student, retirement center, neighborhood association, or public assistance ID
- Veteran health identification card issued by the United States Department of Veterans Affairs
- Employee identification card issued by any branch, department, agency, or entity of the Federal Government, the state, a county, or a municipality
- Debit or Credit Card
Tier 2 identification should be provided only if you do not have a Tier 1 form of ID.
Tier 2 ID shows your name and current residence address.
Acceptable IDs are:
- Current utility bill
- Bank statement
- Government document (excluding voter information card
- Government Check
3. If you have a printer with a scanner, scan the completed and signed affidavit and a clear copy of your identification(s) and email them as an attachment to email@example.com
- You may also mail it: Miami Dade Elections Department (P.O. Box 521550 Miami, FL 33152-1550)
- Fax all information to: Fax#: 305-499-8371
- Take the information to Miami Dade Elections Department (2700 NW 87 Ave. Miami, FL 33152)
NEED ASSISTANCE CALL 1-866-NAACP09 and leave a message with your name and telephone number so we can get back to you as soon as possible.
You may have received a signature cure affidavit in the mail, so you may use that. If you have not received a form in the mail, text your name and a North or Central Dade address to the Miami-Dade Branch NAACP at (305) 482-1088 before October 25th .
After that date, please go to a Public Library, office supply store, or other commercial establishment to print the form. Then,
1. Complete and sign the form and your ID,
2. Take a clear photo in good light of the form and your ID
3. Email the photos to the address on the affidavit: firstname.lastname@example.org